Slicing tomatoes are prized for their superior taste and texture. Varieties available:
- Black Krim: This Russian heirloom combines bold, smoky flavor and good texture with an unusual appearance. High yielding. Indeterminate*
- Brandywine: Amish heirloom dating back to 1865. Generally considered to be the world’s best-flavored tomato, with incredibly rich, delightfully intense tomato flavor. Indeterminate*
- Cherokee Purple: Famously rich flavor and texture make this heirloom a colorful favorite. Medium-large slicers. Color is dusky pink with dark shoulders. Multicolor interior. Indeterminate*
- Galahad: This early beefsteak type has fantastic flavor and impressive disease resistance,including against late blight. Round, 7-12 oz fruits on vigorous determinate** plants.
- Italian Heirloom: This heirloom's bright red fruits can be over 1 lb each! Excellent flavor, greatfor fresh eating and canning. Easy to skin. Extremely productive. Indeterminate*
- Rose: A deep pink heirloom beefsteak-type that rivals Brandywine for taste. Fruits are10+ oz, very meaty and flavorful, with smooth shoulders and little cracking. Good yields. Indeterminate*
- Striped German: Bicolor red and yellow fruit. This heirloom's marbled interior looks beautiful sliced. Complex, fruity flavor and smooth texture. Indeterminate*
Cherry tomatoes are little round tomatoes are juicy, sweet, and have thin skins, perfect for eating right off the vine, in salads, with pasta, and more. Varieties available:
- Black Cherry: The round, 15-20 gm fruits of this heirloom are almost black in color. The flavor is dynamic. High yielding. Indeterminate*
- Mexico Midget: Extremely productive heirloom cherry tomato plants produce hundreds of dark red, ½” - ¾” fruits. Great for salads. Tiny tomatoes, huge taste! Indeterminate*
- Sungold Cherry: Exceptionally sweet, bright tangerine-orange cherry tomatoes. Vigorous plants start yielding early and bear right through the season. The taste can’t be beat! Indeterminate*
- Supersweet 100: A reliable cherry tomato with prolific yields of great tasting, 15-20 gm. fruits produced in large clusters. Indeterminate*
Roma tomatoes are oblong and known for their low water content.
- Amish Paste: A long-time favorite heirloom plum with excellent flavor. Meaty fruits are good in salads and great for processing. A Slow Food USA Ark of Taste variety. Indeterminate (vining plants that set and ripen fruit throughout the growing season until frost kills the plants).
*Indeterminate: vining plants that set and ripen fruit throughout the growing season until frost kills the plants
**Determinate: plants that grow to a fixed mature size and ripen all their fruit in a short period.